The Membership Application for GCAHA can be found under Club Information. Please come join us and enjoy the fun.
The next GCAHA show will be September 30th and October 1st Cross Bar Arena in Mounds, OK.
The Premium Book is available under GCAHA Shows tab. The Patterns have been posted under the GCAHA Shows tab.
We have added the following classes:
203A ARABIAN IN-HAND GELDING ATH , 216A Arabian Western Pl Jr. Horse, 225A Arabian Hunter Pl JTR, and Versatility Ranch Horse Riding ATR for All Breed, PB and HA/AA.
Class 160 - A/HA/AA Ranch Horse Rail Pleasure Walk/Trot 10 & Under is being moved to Sunday after class 228 - Arabian Country English Pleasure Open
Lackeys' G Bar Ranch is hosting the October Meeting for GCAHA:
Meeting Date: (Sunday) 10/8/23
Gathering Time: 12:30 (Meeting to follow)
Site: The G Bar Ranch
24181 South 250 Road
Henryetta, Oklahoma 74437
Contact: Caroline Lackey
Phone: 918-855-5432 (please leave a voicemail if no answer)
*Please Note: You MUST RSVP to attend this meeting.
RSVP's are Due by September 27th in order to attend!
The Green Country Arabian Horse Association Year End High Point Award Program is open to GCAHA members, either AHA or associate members who participate in 3 of the 4 shows listed below.
Point Calculations are done based on Rider/Horse pair and for dual judged shows, only 1 judge placing will be included.
Points are accrued based on placings related to number of horses competing in the class: first place in a ten horse class earns 10 pts, second place in a ten horse class earns 9 pts, third place earns 8 pts… This system is consistent with the current AHA point system. The placings that are included for points are First thru Sixth. The classes that are included in the program are:
1. All cattle classes
2. All Ranch Horse Classes
3. All Reining classes
4. All Trail Classes
The following categories will be awarded Year End High Point Awards:
1. Arabian High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
2. Half-Arabian High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
3. All Breed High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
4. Amateur High Point Working Western Rider – Champion and Reserve
5. Junior Rider Hight Point Working Western Rider- Champion and Reserve (if two or more junior riders participate)
6. Versatility High Point Working Western Horse- Champion and Reserve
CRITERIA for eligibility are as follows:
1. The amateur rider must have competed in at least 3 of the 4 GCAHA shows
2. The horse must have competed in at least 3 of the 4 GCAHA shows
3. The horse can be shown by any rider
4. For Versatility, the horse must have competed in the following categories at 3 of the 4 shows:
a. Ranch Horse Conformation
b. Cattle Class
c. Any of the Ranch Rail/Ranch Riding/Reining/ Trail (regular or Ranch)
AWARDS – A Champion and Reserve Champion awarded in each category.
1. Trophy buckles awarded to each High Point Champion and Reserve Champion
2. Additional awards for Champion and Reserve Champion as donated
The 2023 shows that are included are:
1. GCAHA Spring Fling – March 24th-26th
2. GCAHA Working Western – June 17th
3. GCAHA Working Western – August 12th
4. GCAHA Working Western and One Day Main Ring Show- September 30th- October 1st
Green Country Arabian Horse Association is an active club meeting the needs of its members for over 25 years.
GCAHA sponsors four shows per year as well as several social events.
GCAHA is located in Northeast Oklahoma and is affiliated with the Arabian Horse Association. We are open to ALL breeds and provide many functions for you to enjoy your horse.
Please visit the calendar tab for a monthly view!
If you'd like to keep up with the latest club news... sign up today!