The next GCAHA meeting date is June 20, 2022 at 6:30 pm at the OSU Extension. We will have a Zoom session as well.
The next 2 Working Western shows will be at Riverbend in Inola. They will include Ranch Horse Trail. The judges are:
Gary Martinez - NRCHA on August 13th
Lindsey Hart McCool - 'r' on September 25th
The Green Country Arabian Horse Association Year End High Point Award Program is open to exhibitors at GCAHA shows.
Points are accrued based on placings related to number of horses competing in the class: first place in a ten horse class earns 10 pts, second place in a ten horse class earns 9 pts, third place earns 8 pts… This system is consistent with the current AHA point system. The placings that are included for points are First thru Sixth. The classes that are included in the program are:
1. All cattle classes
2. Ranch Horse Riding
3. Ranch Horse Rail Pleasure
4. Versatility Ranch Riding
5. Ranch Horse Conformation
6. Ranch Horse Reining
The following categories will be awarded Year End High Point Awards:
1. Arabian High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
2. Half-Arabian High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
3. All Breed High Point Working Western Horse – Champion and Reserve
4. Amateur High Point Working Western Rider – Champion and Reserve
CRITERIA for eligibility are as follows:
1. The amateur rider must have competed in at least 2 of the 4 GCAHA shows
2. The horse must have competed in at least 2 of the 4 GCAHA shows
3. The horse can be shown by any rider
AWARDS – A Champion and Reserve Champion awarded in each category.
1. Trophy buckles awarded to each High Point Champion and Reserve Champion
2. Additional awards for Champion and Reserve Champion as donated
The 2022 shows that are included are:
1. GCAHA Spring Fling – April 1-3
2. GCAHA Working Western – May 14th
3. GCAHA Working Western – August 13th
4. Tulsa State Fair or GCAHA Working Western – Whichever is available
Green Country Arabian Horse Association is an active club meeting the needs of its members for over 25 years.
GCAHA sponsors four shows per year and a competitive trail events as well as social events.
GCAHA is located in Northeast Oklahoma and is affiliated with the Arabian Horse Association. We are open to ALL breeds and provide many functions for you to enjoy your horse.
Please visit the calendar tab for a monthly view!
If you'd like to keep up with the latest club news... sign up today!